Re: [asa] science playground parable

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 07:45:30 EDT

Good morning, Greg (at least from Kansas).

I was thinking of the 'formidable structure' as a symbol for the ID goal of
scientifically demonstrating design. Since it was the issue of MN/PN I had in
mind, I used those labels; but the TE kids would be the MN kids at the edge who
are having the exchange with the ID kids.

I know we won't lay this to rest here since it has been so hashed over in prior
posts ---we'll probably just have to disagree; but I continue to maintain at
this point that an MN can avoid being a PN by believing that things exist beyond
the explanatory power of science. However, I do acknowledge the understandable
confusion generated by the (small?) but loud body of outspoken scientists who
state that MN = PN = science, and have a vested interest in promoting that view.
 Nor am I dogmatic that ID should not be recognized or given a hearing as
scientific.

--Merv