Re: [asa] Lawrence Krauss Defends New Atheism

From: Cameron Wybrow <wybrowc@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 16:41:34 EDT

Mike:

Re Miller: agreed. Not that I am claiming that Christianity is unthinkable without a literal virgin birth, but the virgin birth is (I believe) still a core Catholic doctrine. So if (as is reported) Miller would not defend it, what happened to Miller's claim to be "100% Darwinian and 100% Catholic"? I guess that one of those "hundred per cents" was a rhetorical exaggeration. But then, I suppose that we should not expect theological clarity from a Catholic who claims to believe in Darwin's God, when Darwin was an agnostic.

Cameron.