Re: [asa] The term Darwinism

From: Dave Wallace <wmdavid.wallace@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 13:38:17 EDT

Cameron Wybrow wrote:
> This is why I always use "Darwinian evolution" (or "Darwinism") as a
> term of distinction, and not just as a mere synonym for "evolution".
Seems like a reasonable definition except that it is not clear how to
easily refer to those like Dawkins and Coyne that not only accept
"Darwinian evolution" but also hold to philosophical naturalism. I have
tended to use "Darwinism" for that purpose since the "ism" postfix is
often used to refer to world view or religious beliefs.

Dave W