Re: [asa] Cameron- question of Adam

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 03:16:31 EDT

Dawkins' quote (below) assumes there is such a thing as "our history," which in this case means the existence of long periods of time is understood. And yes, both Darwin and Wallace (Alfred Russel) drew many of their conclusions about evolution from relationships among living organisms and not fossils. So on further consideration I'd modify my point (1) to include such studies. But the fossil evidence is so much easier to grasp and more readily convincing than the kinds of details that Darwin and Wallace wrestled with, so for (over)simplicity it makes sense to restrict discussion to fossils.

Don