Re: [asa] Cameron- question of Adam

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 11:24:11 EDT

Don,

Bernie said, "The DNA evidence for evolution is overwhelming."

My textbooks which address molecular biology use probabilistic arguments.
Basically it is so unlikely that two organisms have ancestors that
independently developed codings for certain protein sequences that
scientists think they had common ancestors. Its the only viable
explanation.

This is why I chat so much about probability. It is *the* *basis* for
believing in evolution.

Mr Armstrong's position, that extremely improbable events happen all the
time, destroys the basis for a good deal of arguments in molecular biology.

Do we really want to believe, for example, that humans and chimps developed
completely independently?
That having similar codings is just an accident? And such accidents happen
many many times? That sounds more like creationism to me.

Sign me a "skeptic".

Dave C