RE: [asa] George and geocentricty (was: Cameron- question of Adam)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 11:07:41 EDT

Hi George- I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

You say that you can use a geocentric or heliocentric model to model the cosmos because of general relativitity.

Let me ask it this way. There are two hypotheses:

1. Heliocentric: The planets in our solar system orbit the Sun.

2. Geocentric: The universe revolves around the Earth. The Earth is the center of the universe.

I hear you telling me there is no such experiment that can be set-up to determine which one is true. Is that correct? If you believe that, I would like to challenge it. My gut tells me it should be possible to disprove geocentricity.

...Bernie