RE: [asa] Cameron- question of Adam

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 14:50:40 EDT

Hi IW-

I was just speculating about the new book. It seems to me that the mantra of the Discovery Institute is "Evolution can't do it, so God (intelligent Design) must have done it." They don't have a hypothesis- their aim is to prove evolution false so they claim they are right. However, proving someone wrong doesn't prove you are right, unless there are only two options. At best, all they can do is prove evolution wrong. They need to prove themselves right.

I'm expecting the new book to say "Look at all these marvelous things. How could evolution do it? Of course, no one knows yet, and it is awe-inspiring. Therefore, obviously God made a special creation."

Maybe God did make things by special creation. However, we know at least, for sure, that humans descended by apes because of the DNA evidence. I think to get others to see that is a watershed event.

...Bernie