[asa] Faith

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 00:24:22 EDT

Robert Sapolsky is professor of Biological Sciences and Professor of Neurology and Neurological Sciences at Stanford University. Below is a video of a talk he gave to the graduating class on June 13, 2009. It's very interesting, as Sapolsky explains how various human traits (empathy, perception of other minds, etc.) exist in other animals, but merely as shadows, meaning that we remain unique in our ability to express these traits at a much higher level.

The talk is 38 minutes long, but you can skip the first five minutes. If you don't have the time, I highly encourage you to watch the last five minutes, starting around 33:40.

More here:

http://shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/now-faith-is-the-substance-of-things-hoped-for-the-evidence-of-things-not-seen/

Mike