Re: [asa] Good questions to ask YECs

From: gordon brown <Gordon.Brown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Fri Jun 19 2009 - 12:19:49 EDT

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, IW wrote:

> gordon brown wrote:
>

>> Paul,
>>
>> I think that the YEC position is that the Creation Week of Genesis 1:1
>> to 2:3 must have been a week just like every other week, <SNIP>
>> It raises a question about the internal consistency of strictly literal
>> interpretation of everything in the first chapter.
>>
>> Gordon Brown (ASA member)
>
> Which also begs the question - if God rested on the 7th day did he rest
> 24 hours, from sunset to sunset?
>
> IW

In the fourth chapter of Hebrews the author quotes from Gen. 2:2 in
support of his contention that a true sabbath rest must be permanent.

A quote from Augustine's Confessions:
      But the seventh day hath no evening, nor hath it setting; because
Thou hast sanctified it to an everlasting continuance; that that which
Thou didst after Thy works which were very good, resting the seventh day,
although Thou madest them in unbroken rest, that may the voice of Thy Book
announce beforehand unto us, that we also after our works (therefore very
good, because Thou hast given them us), shall rest in Thee also in the
Sabbath of eternal life.

Gordon Brown (ASA member)