[asa] The Debate Goes On

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 23:16:31 EDT

A debate about the nature and role of science, evolution and faith, methodological and philosophical naturalism, and what we teach in the public schools. The ID debate, right?

Wrong.

The Edge website has been warehousing a growing public debate between the New Atheists, who argue that science and Christian faith are incompatible, pitted against Ken Miller and other atheists associated with the NCSE. You can find the links here:

http://www.edge.org/discourse/accomodationism.html

I'd score this as a significant development, as Coyne has drawn Miller into a public debate about the fact that Miller is both a theist and a mainstream scientist. Michael Ruse has just joined the debate in an oblique fashion, as can be seen from Coyne's blog.

-Mike