Re: [asa] The Patient Creator

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 22:49:53 EDT

Hi George,

I'm not the one who wrote, "it makes no sense to imagine that an
all-powerful God would need to devise this vast universal Rube Goldberg
contrivance for the sake of creating life, rather than just doing it in one
fell swoop of His mighty hand."

A skeptic on my blog wrote this and another skeptic agreed with the
"argument." They formulated the complaint as an issue of divine power so I
played by their rules.

As for God intending to "create a universe which had its own "functional
integrity" & would be capable (with divine cooperation) of bringing forth
intelligent life," I'm not sure God's intentions would be so generic and
distant. I think an evolutionary scenario & long time scale (by human
standards) were a necessity because that is part of our history and God
intended us to exist. Once again, because of us.

Mike