Re: [asa] "RATE" Leaders Abandon Geologic Fantasies and Admitthat Extensive Radioactive Decay has Occurred

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 22:47:08 EDT

David,
  You are right that it is a major step for ICR to admit there were hundreds
of millions of years worth of radioactivity. I think some other YEC
organizations have not agreed with the RATE conclusion. The most amazing
thing to me was that the RATE team still insists that these hundreds of
millions of years worth of radiation actually happened during Creation week
and during the one year of the flood. By their own calculation, the heat
produced in that time frame was much more than what would have vaporized the
earth several times over. Nevertheless they are confident that a solution
will be found. Humphreys suggests cooling due to cosmological expansion.
Hence the response published by Brian Pitts in the March 2009 issue of our
journal. Nevertheless, a solution will be found, they claim, even though no
known thermodynamic process can do it.
Another unresolved issue, they report, is the presence of potassium-40 in
all organisms. How did any organism survive the flood while that slightly
radioactive element became hundreds of millions times more radioactive? They
say there must have been a way, since we're all here as children of Noah.

Randy