Re: [asa] The Patient Creator

From: David Clounch <>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 12:44:38 EDT

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Jim Armstrong <> wrote:

> I think extraordinarily improbable events DO take place every day.

One needs to quantify what "improbable" means.

So, let me ask this. Lets assume we have a very large box containing
helium gas. Pick any size box you want, lets say its solar system sized.
The temperature is 300K and the pressure is 1 atmosphere.

How many helium atoms are excited above ground level to the next higher

Best Regards,

To unsubscribe, send a message to with