Re: [asa] The Patient Creator

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 00:54:29 EDT
It is certainly no attack on God's omnipotence, only an attack on our idea of the omnipotence of God. Surely we have no real way of assessing either range or bounds in the capacity of an entity which is so "other" than ourselves, with capabilities so greatly exceeding anything we understand or can even relate to any meaningful degree. Surely, "omnipotence" must in reality remain a complimentary, deferential, or hyperbolic attribution. Any "defense" surely must be about our particular faith perspectives.

[shift gears]

The companion question to, "So we need to ask why it is that creation is so old." would seem to be, "So why is Creation so immense?" I am persuaded that the answer is interwoven with many/most(?) of the probabilities/opportunities questions [as for example, the matter of "...the natural origins of  things which have  low probability of existence."].

...or so it seemeth to me.    JimA [Friend of ASA]

David Clounch wrote:
Thanks for that, Mike. Cheered me up today.