[asa] Re: [asa] RE: (irreducible complexity and evolution) design and the nature of science (was: Re: [asa] Re: Gingerich on TE and ID)

From: wjp <wjp@swcp.com>
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 14:40:22 EDT

Mike:

In thinking of certain protein processes as molecular machines what structural algorithm was used? That's vague, but, for example, we speak of cars as composed of functional parts. Hence, there is a functional analysis (break down) of the car. Typically, machines are analyzed according to functional units.

But there may be other types of analysis (e.g., structural).

What kinds of analyses have been employed in speaking of protein processes as machines?

Once such an analysis is in place, one can then begin thinking of a number of things.

1) what parts are essential
2) what parts might be interchangable
3) what are the requirements of the parts in accordance with the type of analysis
4) etc.

thanks,

bill