Re: [asa] Test your observation skills

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 18:57:28 EDT

Speaking of gorillas, the latest Nature has a writeup of an article in
Current Biology that studied the evolution of tickling-associated
laughter. The Nature website
(http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v459/n7248/full/459754a.html)
includes a video of how to tickle a gorilla. Based on detailed
analysis of the recorded sounds, the evolutionary pattern matched that
suggested by DNA.

On the observational skills, I was having a bit of trouble judging
when to count a pass (seeing it in a classroom) and so may not have
been as preoccupied as I should have been to miss the gorilla.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections