Re: design and the nature of science (was: Re: [asa] Re: Gingerich on TE and ID)

From: <cmekve@aol.com>
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 10:35:21 EDT

David makes a good point that I'd like to second.? If ID can find folks to fund them (and they can), I doubt that anyone here would say "stop that".? Personally, I think that there are very good scientific and theological reasons for thinking that they will never produce results of any substance.? But clearly others can differ with me on this.? What is most objectionable is that virtually from ID's birth some two decades ago, they have insisted that they are an alternative to standard biology.? And all this without ever having produced any results -- as Behe essentially admitted under oath at Dover.

ID can do all the "research" they want, but let's have some results before shouting about 'teaching the controversy'.

Karl
Karl V. Evans
cmekve@aol.com