RE: design and the nature of science (was: Re: [asa] Re: Gingerich on TE and ID)

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 09:34:24 EDT

Experimental science deals with black and white pictures of reality, viz. the physical aspect, whereas reality is truly in color when one includes the nonphysical and the supernatural aspects. Can you take a black and white picture of a man and claim to know the true nature of what a man is? Send that picture to an alien and let me know what he concludes about man from the content of that picture alone. The evidence of the nonphysical and the supernatural that we have is because what we are physical/nonphysical/supernatural. No purely physical device, the means of acquiring data in the experimental sciences, can provide other than a black and white picture of any real entity. One must distinguish between the phenomenological and the ontological domains when attempting to know the whole of reality.

Moorad