Re: RE: [asa] Interview with Denis Lamoureux

From: <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Mon Jun 08 2009 - 13:24:43 EDT
Hi Bernie:

The historical Adam I accept lived about 7,000 years ago near the Euphrates River as delineated by Genesis.  That is the man who Denis and others reject as having lived at all.

Whether he had natural parents or was created out of the dust is something I leave as an open question.  When God "created" great sea creatures they were created out of an evolutionary process.  They had precursors and Adam may have had forerunners too, but I wouldn't know how to confirm that.  If Adam had natural parents and Eve derived from him she would have his genetic makeup, psudogenes, processed pseudogenes, retro viral sequences, the lot.

The mitochondrial issue presents no difficulty either way.  There is a point in the Adamic line where the indigeonous population joins up.  That would be either at Noah or the wives of his three sons or perhaps all four took wives genetically connected outside the Adamic line.  So the mitochondrial DNA for all women would go back to the Eve of antiquity not Adam's wife.  Jubilees names the wives of all four, and the names of the wives of the three sons are not Hebrew or Akkadian names.