RE: [asa] Interview with Denis Lamoureux

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 16:39:42 EDT

Hi George:

His comment was that a historical Adam "rejects scientific concordism."

Only if a specially-created, Neolithic man was offered up as the first
biological human being on earth from whom all mankind descended would it
reject scientific concordism. Genesis makes no such claim. If ignorant
readers wish to impress upon the text what isn't there then call out the
ignorant readers. Don't beat up on the author(s) and say that what they
wrote wasn't truthful.

The city Cain built is listed on the Sumerian King List in the post-flood
era. Are we to suppose that someone other than Cain built it? Who? And
Cain is only one generation removed from Adam. Perhaps Cain was the one
created and he had no father. Maybe we should just rewrite Genesis
altogether.

Bottom line - it matters little how much research he has done. His
conclusion was wrong. To be fair, both of our books were probably in press
at the same time. That was then, however, this is now.

Dick Fischer, author, lecturer
Historical Genesis from Adam to Abraham
www.historicalgenesis.com