RE: [asa] Interview with Denis Lamoureux

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 10:19:44 EDT

Hi Douglas:

It's precisely this comment that riles me: "EC by definition rejects a
historical Adam, because this view of origins rejects scientific
concordism."

Adam is only one of the Genesis patriarchs listed in Abraham's line of
ancestry. Since Denis eliminates Adam as a human being who once breathed
air I would be curious as to how many other patriarchs EC would eliminate.
Assuming Abraham was a real person at what point would Denis propose that
mythological forebears gave birth to live human beings.

Also, since I spent 27 years of my life searching for evidence that supports
the historicity of Genesis 2-11, naturally I am somewhat miffed by one who
rejects Genesis historicity out of hand without doing any relevant research.

Biological evolution looks to be on solid ground because we have an
abundance of data and evidence to confirm it. The central theme of
Christianity has support with biblical and historical evidence which upholds
it. And the historicity of the Genesis patriarchs likewise has evidence in
support. On the flip side, there is an absence of evidence that biological
evolution is untrue or that Jesus Christ had no ministry or that Adam didn't
live. So what I would suggest is that we support the things, all things,
for which we have we have a database of supporting evidence and avoid
signing on to things for which there is no evidence in support - such as the
historicity of Adam, for example.

Perhaps Douglas you'd be so kind to as to take a glance at what I've written
and conduct a similar interview?

Dick Fischer, author, lecturer
Historical Genesis from Adam to Abraham
www.historicalgenesis.com