Re: [asa] Origins of Life

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 11:43:38 EDT

Quoting gmurphy10@neo.rr.com:

> My point wasn't that biologists & scientists who work on chemical evolution
> get to have the last word on the meaning of "life." But if a definition of
> life conflicts with biologists' understanding of what's alive & what isn't
> then there's a problem.

I know this is jumping in to this thread on one isolated comment, but here it
is: Isn't your latter comment above a contradiction of sorts of the one just
before it?

I have more sympathy for the first comment above since "life" in scriptures and
theology has much wider meaning than just biological life (whatever that is
taken to be.)

--Merv