Re: [asa] ID and Methodological Naturalism

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 19:53:06 EDT

> I think I agree with you. But this leads one to ask, "Isn't promoting one
> metaphysical view  the equivalent to promoting  one religious view?"

Strictly speaking, no, in that a particular metaphysical view may be
shared by multiple religions and/or philosophies.

Everything involves metaphysical assumptions; schools cannot be
metaphysically neutral. E.g., requiring certain behaviors (whether
relating to civility or to attendance), requiring test responses to
correspond with the information provided in class, etc.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections