Re: [asa] ID and Methodological Naturalism

From: David Campbell <>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 19:53:06 EDT

> I think I agree with you. But this leads one to ask, "Isn't promoting one
> metaphysical view  the equivalent to promoting  one religious view?"

Strictly speaking, no, in that a particular metaphysical view may be
shared by multiple religions and/or philosophies.

Everything involves metaphysical assumptions; schools cannot be
metaphysically neutral. E.g., requiring certain behaviors (whether
relating to civility or to attendance), requiring test responses to
correspond with the information provided in class, etc.

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama
To unsubscribe, send a message to with