Re: [asa] Interesting news on the Discovery Institute (vs. Francis Collins?)

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 10:43:53 EDT

That web site is at http://www.faithandevolution.org/

I don't yet know how to properly assess it.

In the home page it has this text:

Is Francis Collins Right about Evolution?
By Jonathan Wells

Francis Collins feels that intelligent design poses a serious problem
to Christian belief because it rejects Darwinian evolution, which he
feels is supported by overwhelming evidence. But the only evidence
Collins cites for Darwin’s mechanism of variation and selection is
microevolution—minor changes within existing species. And the
principal evidence he cites for Darwin’s claim of common ancestry is
DNA sequences that he says have no function—though genome researchers
are discovering that many of them do have functions.

Collins’s defense of Darwinian theory turns out to be largely an
argument from ignorance that must retreat as we learn more about the
genome—in effect, a Darwin of the gaps.

--
Burgy
www.burgy.50megs.com