RE: [asa] ID vis a vis id

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 19:42:55 EDT

Terry said:
"How is front-loading different from deism?"

Seems to me that is comparing things from two different categories. Front-loading is a theory as to how creation happened, while Deism is a view of the nature of God and how He interacts in the world.

I think both Deists and evangelical Christians can accept front loading. Both could also probably accept special creation (for the Deist- a special creation followed by God's non-involvement in the world).

I asked Ken Miller at his recent talk if it is possible for evolution to be God-guided, and I think his answer was essentially "No- because of the evidence for evolution," which I don't think really answered it. I already see and accept the evidence for evolution, so the question isn't if evolution happened or not, but whether God could be directing it, given the fact how wonderful creation is and how inept nature usually is at creating anything else we can observe.

...Bernie