Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Don Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 17:28:33 EDT

Hi Schwarzwald:
Rather than saying that "what Dawkins claims right there - that the
watchmaker is blind - is an extra-scientific claim", is it not more
accurate to say that Dawkins' claim that the natural selection
watchmaker is blind is a scientific claim, but his further claim that
the only watchmaker operating is the natural selection one is an
extra-scientific claim? In other words, Dawkins cannot rule out the
possibility that a watchmaker with sight (and foresight) set up the
system (a watch making factory) in which the natural section watch maker
is allowed to operate?
Don