Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Nucacids <nucacids@wowway.com>
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 09:08:38 EDT

Hi Schwarzwald,

I do agree with Dawkins's description of natural selection:

"A true watchmaker has foresight: he designs his cogs and springs, and plans their interconnections, with a future purpose in his mind's eye. Natural selection, the blind, unconscious, automatic process which Darwin discovered, and which we now know is the explanation for the existence and apparently purposeful form of all life, has no purpose in mind. It has no mind and no mind's eye. It does not plan for the future. It has no vision, no foresight, no sight at all. If it can be said to play the role of watchmaker in nature, it is the blind watchmaker."

Since you recognize that I build around this distinction, I am not sure this answers your question. Are you saying there is reason to doubt this description?

-Mike