[asa] RE:(feedback) Kenneth Miller in Portland Oregon tomorrow, Thur.

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Fri May 29 2009 - 16:37:37 EDT

I enjoyed meeting Prof. Miller prior to the event and talked to him about some of his debates with Dawkins and Hitchens over science/religion. I also got to ask a question after his presentation in Q&A time.

It was a Miller YouTube broadcast that first brought the news to me about the DNA evidence for human biological evolution from lower primates- chromosome #2. If it wasn't for the ASA and Francis Collins giving me reason to pause, I almost left the faith over it.

Afterwards, I joined a group for an after-dinner discussion- most of them were atheists (one was a former Bible school graduate in the process of turning atheist- his issue was the 99% of people going to hell).

I told Prof. Miller I appreciated his "ministry," and I do.

...Bernie