Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Schwarzwald <schwarzwald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 19:00:22 EDT

One question I have about this entire debate...

Is ascribing something to "chance" really a scientific statement, no matter
how thoroughly we know the conditions? I would understand if "chance" were
just a statement about the limitations of our knowledge. But are "biological
item X was created by chance" or "chance events resulted in biological item
X" scientific statements at all, at least in the opinion of most here?

From my layman vantage point, this seems like a foggy area to say the least.
I could say more, but I'd like to keep this simple, if anyone is willing to
respond.