RE: [asa] The Theocracy is Coming! [again]

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 12:09:34 EDT

RE: "Collins may indeed be a good administrator, but this appointment is a mistake. At the very least, Collins must remove himself as director of the BioLogos foundation, as holding both posts would represent an unwanted incursion of religion into the public sphere. "

That is the crisis confronting Dr. Collins now:

"Every preacher ought to be primarily a prophet of God who preaches as God bids him, without regard to results. When he becomes conscious of the fact that he is a leader in his own church or denomination, he has reached a crisis in his ministry. He must now choose one of two courses, that of prophet of God or a leader of men. If he seeks to be a prophet and a leader, he is apt to make a failure of both. If he decides to be a prophet only insofar as he can do without losing his leadership, he becomes a diplomat and ceases to be a prophet at all. If he decides to maintain leadership at all costs, he may easily fall to the level of a politician who pulls the wires in order to gain or hold a position." (H. C. A. Dixon, A. C. Dixon [New York: Putnam's, 1931], p. 277)