Re: [asa] ID/Miracles/Design (Behe vs. Behe)

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 10:06:04 EDT

How about the possibility that "physical" is not what you think of as physical but has a spiritual aspect? Quantum phenomena in fact strongly suggest that "physical" is not physical in the way people usually assume but has spooky aspects. It is these mysterious aspects that could make life in a natural way out of nonliving components and cause a soul to emerge in a natural way out of flesh and blood. It should be no surprise to believers in a spiritual God that matter at its most elementary levels should seem spirit-like.

Our idea of "physical" emerges from things like rocks, which consist of huge numbers of constituents stuck tightly together. If we were to see rocks, etc., exclusively as their elementary constituents, our idea of "physical" would likely vanish.

Don