Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Merv Bitikofer <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 07:59:18 EDT

I agree with you that this notion of general divine action is not
satisfying (especially from a Scriptural point of view). If God picked
favorites among a virtually infinite number of possible universes, then
why wouldn't he have picked ones in which his chosen people remained
faithful? Or for that matter where the forbidden fruit was never
taken? To the same extent that God is not "off the hook" for evil in a
divine "interventionist" universe, He still would not be off the hook
for the initial selection of one including evil. Scriptures show us a
God that genuinely laments the unfaithfulness of his bride, suggesting
that he really really wished we had been obedient, but is willing to
plan and respond in a world where that did not happen.

--Merv