Re: [asa] ID/Miracles/Design (Behe vs. Behe)

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 06:51:22 EDT

Unfortunately it seems that you and I are having difficulty communicating.
You don't seem to respect either me or any of my perspectives, or at least
you don't understand them and I don't understand what you are saying. It
doesn't make sense to me. Let me try to make just a few closing remarks and
then I need to spend my time on other issues.

You said "I think you are saying that design inferences are banned in
principle from science..." I thought I had clarified that design is clearly
a part of science--the intent and design of any human/animal/insect/(maybe
plants) is well within the scope of science. Design from non-physical
entities, or in the abstract without knowledge of any agent or mechanism, is
not.ruled out "in principle" or arbitrarily banned but simply can't be
determined through normal scientific methodology.

I didn't think I needed to defend the honor of science as you stated "...you
are defending the
> honour of "science" by defending the claims made by evolutionary
> biologists for the efficacy of Darwinian mechanisms."

I don't think they need any defense. Evolutionary biologists are doing just
fine making progress without any help from me. Some of their critics could
learn a little more about science and scientific methodology, however.

We could certainly have an interesting discussion about who the crybabies
are but that wouldn't be productive. I simply don't understand your
perspective on evolution and since you don't feel I have the training to
comment on it, I'll leave it to others.

Randy