Re: [asa] ID/Miracles/Design (Behe vs. Behe)

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 22:29:00 EDT

Moorad wrote:
> Let me up the ante. Purely physical processes cannot create or bring about
> a human being with the aid and knowledge of only the genetic code, but
> even life cannot so arise
> either. This is the fundamental point that the living cannot come from the
> nonliving. I suppose only God can bring this about.

Does that mean you believe in vitalism? There's a nice history and summary
of it in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitalism
Or would you distinguish your view from vitalism in that the added
"substance" must be non-physical?
If the latter, would you mind sharing with us the evidence both for and
against your position?

Randy