Re: [asa] Musing on entropy, chaos, and omniscience

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 12:20:37 EDT

Re the first para - I don't see how this would necessarily be any
violation. If Creation was "not" a "moment before" Creation, then all
that is required is that Creation is "seeded" with something transformed
from another plane of reality (in which God is a "resident"), a plane
other than our space-time, energy/matter constrained existence which a
moment ago didn't exist. But presumeably, God did exist. Ex-nihilo is
our construct, bearing the implication that our existence is the only
existence. Don't we hope that's not the case? Moreover, in Jewish
thought (as I understand it), Creation was more an organization and
shaping (and naming) event (from non empty-set "chaos") than literally
ex-nihilo.

JimA [Friend of ASA]