Re: [asa] Darwinism

From: Dave Wallace <wmdavid.wallace@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 22 2009 - 06:36:24 EDT

Dehler, Bernie wrote:
> Huge difference. Christ would not rebuke all Christians- just those who don't follow His teachings. The same with Luther and Calvin. So also- the same with Darwin. Cameron himself said Darwin would not agree with Dawkin's atheistic viewpoint.
>
> If you are a Christian- would Christ rebuke you? I pity the person who says "yes" because it means they are knowingly out-of-line with Christ's teachings
Bernie

If the premillennialists are correct and Christ rules for 1000 years
then I think that he would rebuke us all. Not so much for what we
believe that is incorrect but for where we do not live up to the
knowledge we have.

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love
for one another.

I wish I could say that I came anywhere close to keeping the above all
the time.

How about our lack of care for the rural and inner city poor and
homeless or our racial and cultural exclusions?

I'm not talking about things that separate the sheep from the goats so
to say.

Dave W