RE: [asa] Darwinism (was: BioLogos - Bad Theology?)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu May 21 2009 - 20:16:29 EDT

Huge difference. Christ would not rebuke all Christians- just those who don't follow His teachings. The same with Luther and Calvin. So also- the same with Darwin. Cameron himself said Darwin would not agree with Dawkin's atheistic viewpoint.

If you are a Christian- would Christ rebuke you? I pity the person who says "yes" because it means they are knowingly out-of-line with Christ's teachings (I'm not talking about petty problems because no one is perfect we all know).

I guess I'm wrong, though, because Huxley was around the time of Darwin arguing for an atheistic worldview based on Darwin's science, supposedly with Darwin's blessing. Dawkins is a modern-day Huxley as I understand it. So I guess I was giving Darwin too much credit... but I'm not an expert on his relationship with Huxley.

...Bernie