Re: [asa] TE The Future

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 00:51:18 EDT

Murray,
Thanks for the feedback.
I'll reply to the list so yours gets posted.
Its bedtime so I wont reply in any detail. You have an interesting view.

Observation - good point. I agree.

A Priori Rejection of Supernatural -- interesting -- wow, so much conflict
seems based on that.

Please note my signature says what it does because I grapple with God being
a Spirit. Not a supernatural being. Spirit isn't necessarily non-physical -
who ever said it was? Yet it consistently seems the main objection against
non-sci-mats. I came to the point where I wanted to say God is not
supernatural. But thats not right either. He is more than just
supernatural. He comes to this earth and stills the waters. And there
nothing more non-natural about that than when I swing my hammer to build my
house, or mow my lawn.

 Have you read Lisa Randall's book (you are a physicist, right?).
I think in terms of strings and branes. To make a simple analogy, God is
like the sphere in Flatland. He is like dark matter. He is ELSEWHERE, but
that doesnt mean He is far away or non-physical. I think we are only at the
very beginning of getting any clue as to how it all works.

Thanks,
Dave