[asa] TE The Future

From: David Clounch <david.clounch@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 23:52:54 EDT

Dear ASA members.

Because I have never been told the answer to such matters I wanted to ask
what a Christian theory of TE does to answer concerns about the future. And
more.

Specifically:

1) When a person dies what are the possibilities. for example, do they live
on? Do they wake up next second in a state of physical resurrection,
thousands of years having passed? Is there a physical resurrection of
individual believers?
2. What is the fate of Jesus Christ after his death?
3. What about the physical return of Jesus to the earth to rule the
nations? How does TE blend in such events?
4. What is the fate of the earth as a planet? The universe at large?

I suddenly realized I have no idea what Christians who purport to believe in
TE have to say about any of these biblical concepts.
The conversation focuses so much on origins very little is ever said about
the end goal. I would imagine a comprehensive theology that fits TE hand in
glove must deal with these somehow.

Thanks Ahead,
David Clounch