Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 02:37:06 EDT

I think Cameron has a very good answer here.

It prompts a further question for Mike to answer. I am an only child. I
would have had a brother or sister at the age of two, but my mother was ill
during the pregnancy and miscarried at six months.

If I had had a brother or sister, my life would have been entirely different
- a sibling to spar with etc. Maybe my education, my academic interests,
what university I went to, what job I took, what town I settled in would
have been different. So, if in this alternate reality I got married, it
would almost certainly have been to a different woman because I would never
have met my wife to fall in love with her. So my children, Jessica (18) and
Matthew (15) would never have been born.

So the simple question is this. In creating the individuals Jessica
Strachan and Matthew Strachan, did God deliberately arrange for my mother to
have a distressing and painful miscarriage?

Regards,
Iain