Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 14:03:36 EDT

I'm afraid like others I really don't get this.

Surely "humans" is just a name we call ourselves. The required
characteristics are an intelligent rational being, with a moral sense and a
sense of being a created being. If that species has six fingers, or pointed
ears like elves or Vulcans does that really affect the argument? If talking
dolphins were the dominant species, and had a sense of the Creator, would
that affect the argument? Only if you assume that God actually looks like
us. But I think that talking dolphins is probably not what C-M intends; I'm
guessing he means a humanoid species. In which case I can't see what the
problem is. Is it not the case that God cares about our immortal soul more
than about the physical form the body takes?

Incidentally, I had the misfortune to see Greg's bad-mannered response to
you - it arrived before my email filter swung into action. My
commiserations.

Iain.