Re: [asa] BioLogos - Bad Theology?

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 10:47:01 EDT

I also think this criticism of Conway Morris is way off base - & I say that
as one who has said in the past that Gould's "Wonderful Life" view has some
resonance with scripture! 1st, I simply don't see how CM's claim this
amounts to nihilism, let alone atheism. 2d, in the understanding of
election presented by Barth, which is agreed by many theologians to be the
most important contribution to this doctrine at least since the Reformation,
God's election means first of all his election of Jesus of Nazareth, not
simply some unspecified intelligent species.

Shalom
George
ttp://home.roadrunner.com/~scitheologyglm