RE: [asa] social evolution for Jon Tandy

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Fri May 15 2009 - 17:59:35 EDT

Hi George-

 Are you saying Hitler was just like Alexander the Great, in being a war-monger for vain glory? Or do you think Alexander was worse, since he was more motivated by vain glory and less ideology than Hitler?

 The question is if ancient rulers were worse than more recent rulers... thereby having some input on the question as to if human culture has evolved for the better at all in any way.

 I say because of WWI and WWII, we likely will never have a WWIII. Agree or disagree? The reason why no WWIII is likely is because we learned from the previous WW's... that no one wins in a nuclear war. That is social evolution wrt war... the memes of war.

...Bernie