Re: [asa] social evolution for Jon Tandy

From: George Murphy <GMURPHY10@neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri May 15 2009 - 16:51:54 EDT

Bernie -

2 points should be remembered about Hitler. 1st, it was essentially
nihilistic: Rauschnigg, who wrote a perceptive bio of him in the 30s,
titled it "The Revolution of Destruction." 2d, at the end of the war, &
especially in his political will, it becomes clear (if it wasn't before)
that Hitler's "ideology" was simply Hitler Ueber alles. OTOH, while I have
no soft spot for Stalin & only contempt for his leftist apologists who
thought that his atrocities were regrettable necessities, he was driven by a
real, though unfortunate, ideology as well as by his own megalomania.

Shalom
George