Re: [asa] Article on EPA proposed rules in WorldNet Daily

From: John Burgeson (ASA member) <hossradbourne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 15 2009 - 15:37:39 EDT

The link Bill posted is clearly a denialist publication. This is easy
to see by rteading a list of their other articles, among which are:

HYSTERIA: Exposing the secret agenda behind today's obsession with
global warming

"Global Warming or Global Governance? What the media refuse to tell
you about so-called climate change"

"The Sky's Not Falling! Why it's OK to chill on global warming"

"I'm pro-choice – on light bulbs" – Bumper sticker sends Congress
message over its banning Edison's invention

Look for your $10,000 energy tax bill

Greenhouse taxes to raise cost of 'everything'

Energy costs being bumped $2,000 per household

Al Gore ignores 'Earth Hour' Shocker! 'Global warming' just isn't happening

'Global warming' data called 'ancient astrology'

Obama's $300 billion-a-year climate-change plan

Report: Ice Age to blast Earth

Global warming dissenters dash scientific 'consensus'

2008: Coolest year of this century

Pelosi, Pickens plan to pick your pockets

Windmill farms: Just a bunch of hot air

I'd take that particular article with two grains of salt. Of course,
it may, indeed, have some factual content. So might the supermarket
tabloids.

On 5/14/09, William Hamilton <willeugenehamilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan asked
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM, <steamdoc@aol.com> wrote:
>> What is the relationship (if any) between WorldNetDaily and World
>> Magazine?
>> I always assumed they were parts of the same operation, given their
>> similar
>> names and outlooks (although in my limited exposure WND seems to be more
>> aggressive and graceless in its "culture war" efforts).  But I find no
>> mention of any connection on the WND website.  So have I been mistaken,
>> and
>> the two are unrelated?
>>
>> This is not directly connected to Bill's post, but it can be useful to
>> know
>> where sources are coming from and who is whose bedfellow ...
>>
>> Allan (ASA Member)
>> ________________________________
>> Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after instant savings!
>
> As far as I know there isn't any relationship between the two. As you
> say, WND is more "in your face".
>
> --
> William E (Bill) Hamilton Jr., Ph.D.
> Member American Scientific Affiliation