RE: [asa] social evolution for Jon Tandy (social evolution)

From: Dehler, Bernie <bernie.dehler@intel.com>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 16:20:48 EDT

I have a hypothesis that we are seeing a new change in evolution. Throughout all history, it has been 'survival of the fittenst' in the physical sense- eat or get eaten. Warfare.

Since the nuclear bomb and WWII, I think evolution started a new turn. For humans, it is still "survival of the fittest" but it isn't in physical warfare now. We now know that no one can win a nuclear war. This means the most advanced nations will not engage in nuclear war. China, Russia, the USA, etc. will never launch a nuclear attack on each other. What is the new "survival of the fittest?" It is now business... economics. We will now try to dominate each other commercially.

Since the most advanced nations will not do nuclear war, their role will be to help eliminate the lesser nations from engaging in it also, since they may be more immature. Therefore, those with nukes will try to stop others from getting them- such as N. Korea and Iran. The way to do that is to try to turn their head to see the new evolution mechanism- survival of the fittest- commercially. By offering technology and a better economic life for their citizens, we may steer others from wanting nukes, since physical warfare is no longer the game.

All of this strikes at the heart of "social evolution." To win this new commercial war, you need education, science, and technology. To forecast a winner, see which nations are doing what, in the realm of science, education, and technology. Places like China are very interesting when looking at their education- graduating many multiples more graduates in engineering than the USA. These are interesting seeds for the future that are germinating.

...Bernie