Re: [asa] an Archimedean point in theology? (was: natural theology, bad and good)

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 17:57:33 EDT

   Cf. Wodehouse on a vicar trying to reach his rural
congregation by trying to think of a one syllable synonym for
supralapsarianism.

 I have heard a similar. One Trinity Sunday we were at my brothers and went
to church. A retired vicar was standing in and gave a very erudite rendering
of the Trinity dealing with 6th century issues I was unfamiliar with. Then
the churchwarden tapped me on my shoulder to say "sorry our vicar's away"!