[asa] Szilágyi

From: Dave Wallace <wmdavid.wallace@gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 14:31:46 EDT

Cameron Wybrow wrote:
> Dear ASA-List Members:
> Several people here have suggested that ID proponents do not
> explicitly or sufficiently distinguish themselves from YEC proponents,
> and that this justifies the rough ride they are often given by ASA
> members and other Christian scientists. But check this out:
>From the article by Bill Dembsky:
> Unlike many Darwinists and theistic evolutionists, young earth
> creationists have been extraordinarily gracious to me, and I've always
> tried to return the favor.
My post yesterday was meant as a response to Cameron indicating that the
negative rhetoric unfortunately goes both ways.

I had intended to kick off a thread on ID - EC/TE relationship but upon
more thought I think this is not the right time or environment, however

     John 13:35 seems appropriate:

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love
for one another."

In many ways we are not all that distant from ID people like Behe and
surely we can find a way to show love for one another while differing in
some matters.

Dave W