[asa] Szilágyi

From: Dave Wallace <wmdavid.wallace@gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 10:21:47 EDT

Over at UcD O'Leary writes about Szilágyi a brilliant young Hungarian
scientist. Copying from an article on Szilágyi:
O'Leary then writes:
> It is sad when talented people must grovel and cringe just to keep
> their jobs. The thing is, in the end, that never works.
> “Theistic evolution” is just a way of adjusting to a world run by
> atheists.

> Practical questions like “Does the world show evidence of design” are
> scientific if the answer appears to be no, but unscientific if it
> appears to be yes.

My initial take was that Szilágyi was a YEC because of the statement on
taking the Bible literally but then when I looked at the original
article I saw that he is located in Hungary and thus figured that he is
probably a TE. It is sad that only the atheists are allowed to express
their religion/world view openly in many of our secular universities.

Dave W (asa member)