Re: [asa] Multiverse and ID

From: Bill Powers <wjp@swcp.com>
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 18:14:11 EDT

Wayne:

You say:

> Nevertheless, if we detect another world in this universe with intelligent
> life and that intelligent life is carbon based and similar to us in form,
> then there is a very strong unexplained selection parameter at work. That
> is what we would have to accept.

It seems to me that would only indicate the possibility that this universe
was sufficiently "fine tuned" to support and generate life. As far as I
can tell, it tells me nothing about other universes: what they are like or
whether they even exist. The finding would just as well support that
there is only one universe.

bill